NB January update:
The new strain of the virus is clearly more contagious and so we all need to be as vigilant as possible. With this in mind, whilst I am still open for work, do please consider if your session is necessary and postpone until the current situation is calmer if you have any doubts. I am always happy to offer advice over the telepohone or discuss with you if it would be appropriate to have a face to face appointment.
As ever over the course of the last year, if you have any doubts that you might be showing symptoms of coronavirus please cancel/postpone your appointment - I do not mind at all how late the cancellation comes and would far prefer that we are all taking care of each other as best as we can.
I am delighted to say that as things stand, I am able to work and the clinic is open. This obviously comes with the important caveat that I will regularly review the advice from the Government as well as my own professional bodies and insurers, and may have to close again if their advice dictates it.
If you would like to book an appointment, please take the time to read everything below and call me if you have any queries at all.
- I will be wearing a visor for all appointments and if I am treating your upper back, neck or shoulders will wear a mask as well
- I will thoroughly wash my hands, deep clean the clinic and equipment as well as changing towels and pillow case covers between each appointment.
- I am taking my temperature each day and will contact you to cancel our appointment if I have any doubts about my own health.
- Please let me know if you have any concerns about your own health and postpone your appointment if necessary - there will be no charges however late the cancellation.
- I would appreciate it if you too would wear a mask, but do let me know if you have any concerns on this. I have disposable masks which I am happy to give you.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly before our appointment - I do not have a sink in the clinic room but have hand sanitiser available.
Please see below for more detailed important information on what you can expect from me and from the clinic room, as well as what I need you to be happy with.
Precautions I am taking:
- The regulations state that I have to wear a visor while I work, so I will have this on at all times. In addition I will be wearing a face mask for treatments that bring me closer to your face - ie anything relating to upper back, neck and shoulders.
- I will not be wearing other PPE such as gloves or an apron as all the evidence is that handwashing and hygiene through the clinic is the way to keep on top of everything.
- I will wash my hands thoroughly in between each appointment as well as regularly using hand sanitiser.
- I will take my temperature every day and keep a record of it which I will be happy to show you if you wish.
- I will monitor myself, my family and anyone I come into contact with for symptoms, and will cancel all appointments if there is any doubt about myself or anyone else having the virus, only re-opening once I've had a confirmed clear test for coronavirus.
Precautions I need you to take:
- Please wear a mask. If this is a concern for you and you would rather not then please contact me before our appointment
- Please make sure you wash your hands well before and after our appointment. I am afraid that I do not have a basin in the clinic room for you to use, but will have hand sanitiser available.
- If you are showing any of the potential cornonavirus symptoms before your appointment, please call me and cancel rather than running the risk of proceeding. There will be no cancellation charges however late you cancel.
- If you develop any symptoms after our appointment, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can suspend my work and get a coronavirus test as quickly as possible rather than putting anyone at risk. Please do not worry about calling me if this happens, I promise not to be abgry or frustrated as it's just one of those things that all of us are at risk of as lockdown eases.
Precautions in the treatment room:
- I will have a longer break between seeing people of at least 30 minutes to allow time for cleaning and also to make sure that people do not overlap at all. Please do not turn up early for your appointment.
- In between each appointment I will thoroughly clean the treatment room with particular attention to the couch, face hole, surfaces and door handles.
- There will be no sheet on the couch, but additional disposable tissue on the couch and around the face hole to allow for better cleaning.
- Any towels and pillow case covers used during our appointment will obviously be washed before being used again with other clients.
If you have any queries on the protocol for your appointment, or are concerned about anything, then please feel free to call or email beforehand. Similarly, if after our appointment you are unhappy with how anything was handled, then please do let me know as soon as possible.
Mob: 07827 926123
Email: [email protected]
Government advice on the protocols to follow for a "close contact business" are detailed here:
Government advice on actions to take on the Coronavirus can be found here:
The NHS have an excellent list of FAQs on their website here:
The list of countries/regions with high concentrations of COVID-19 cases can be found here and anyone who has recently visited one of these countries is recommended to self isolate:
If you do need to self-isolate, the NHS has published a list of recommended actions, here:
Jeremy Waite works as a Sports Therapist and Sports Massage Therapist in Berkshire covering areas such as Streatley, Goring, Pangbourne, Wallingford and Reading.
Providing sports and remedial massage as well as training and rehabilitation advice throughout Berkshire and Oxfordshire and especially to clients in Streatley, Goring, Pangbourne, Wallingford and Reading.